Transform Your Business With Virtualization
As businesses face a volatile economic outlook there is increased emphasis on delivering efficient and effective IT. Virtualization technology – at the server, client, network and storage level – has been touted as key to achieving a cost-effective, agile infrastructure.
According to Gartner, the leading edge of IT change is server virtualization, which promises to unlock much of the underutilized capacity of existing server architectures.
Virtualization is best described as getting more from your IT for less.
It enables the consolidation and sharing of IT resources through a single, easy to deploy management interface.
Memory, disk space and CPU power is shared into separate and isolated virtual machines allowing you to run multiple instances of operating systems and associated applications on one server rather than several whilst preventing applications from interfering with each other.
The physical server can thus be made up of numerous virtual machines with each virtual machine thinking it is running on native hardware.
Virtualization is all about better IT whilst saving space, energy and money:
- Reduced capital costs as less hardware is required.
- Reduced operational costs through energy efficiency savings.
- Fewer support calls.
- Less physical space required.
- System deployment without necessarily ordering new hardware.
- Elimination of planned downtime.
- Reduction in unplanned downtime.
- Automatic recovery from unplanned issues.
- Simpler Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Quicker back-ups.
More IT for less
- Multiple and different operating systems on a single computer.
- Improved performance of your enterprise applications.
- Flexible storage allocation.
- More efficient use of server resources.
- Improved enterprise desktop management & control.
- Faster deployment of desktops either locally or remotely.
- Greater agility through rapid provisioning of IT resources.
- Automated management tools.
- Faster server provisioning.
- Easier Development / Test / Production Cycle & Migration.
As a VMware Partner, we have developed a wealth of experience in successfully designing, developing and implementing virtualization solutions. We are fully accredited to help you deploy a successful virtualization project.
We have VMware Certified Professionals on staff with experience in real world virtualization projects delivering functionality at prices that could only be dreamed of with a physical server configuration.
To find out how Millennia® can benefit your organisation through a migration to a virtual infrastructure,
visit our VMware pages.